March 19, 2006
“The Great Importance of Genesis 1”
I know of no passage of Scripture more important and at the same time ridiculed and hated by modern sinners than Genesis chapter 1. Genesis 1 is important, because it starts to establish a Biblical FOUNDATION for the truths taught in the all rest of Scripture.
This foundation laid in Genesis 1, 2, 3 and onward, is such a foundation that Christians can build their lives on it, and not only that but an entire society can stand on it’s structure. America was once a Christian nation, we were “under God” … we lived by Biblical values, and yet today that those Biblical values are under attack!
On a recent TV show in Britain the atheist spokesperson Richard Dawkins said, “I’m very concerned about the religious indoctrination of children. I want to show how faith acts as a virus and attacks the young and infects generation after generation …”
We are rightly shocked today that homosexual marriages are legal and protected in some states. We dread the fact that the Bible and prayer are now gone from our public learning. If men like Richard Dawkins get their way, it will not be long before men make Christianity a crime, or count it a mental illness or virus!
I believe Genesis (especially this first part of it) can be a sort of fortress from which we as believers can launch a counter attack to win back our culture for Christ. I believe a right and confident understanding and proclamation of the truths of the Book of Genesis would go a long way against Satan’s lies promoted by evolutionists like Dawkins.
NKJ Psalm 11:3 says If the foundations are destroyed, What can the righteous do?
What we NEED to do is by God’s grace REBUILD those foundations, rebuilding starts with Genesis 1!
Let us look at Genesis 1 this morning -
I. What does Genesis 1 teach? (overview)
1. That God created the heavens and the earth – Genesis 1:1-2
2. That He made all things of nothing by His powerful Word – Genesis 1:3, 1:6; 1:9; 1:11; 1:14; 1:20; 1:24; 1:26; Hebrews 11:3
3. That He did all of this in six days – Genesis 1:31 & 2:1
4. That all He made was very good – Genesis 1:31
5. God created each living thing to reproduce according to its kind – Genesis 1:11-12; 1:21; & 1:24-25
6. That He created man in His own image, blessing him and giving him dominion over all His creation – Genesis 1:26-28
II. What makes Genesis 1 so important and controversial in our day?
1. The fact that He created us implies He has authority over us – Psalm 100:3
2. The fact that He created us implies He is due our worship and honor – Revelation 4:11
3. Sinful men do not want God’s authority over them – Romans 8:7; Psalm 2:1-3
III. The theory of evolution is one of sinful man’s many attempts to throw off the rule of God – (Evolution is not science) – Psalm 2:1-3; Romans 1:21-23; also 1:24-32
1. The Big Bang does not explain the origin of our universe
2. Missing links have never been found
3. Life has never been demonstrated to emerge from non-living matter
4. Dating of rocks does not prove or even show that the earth is millions or billions of years old
5. Many evolutionists (more honest ones) admit their theory is full of holes!
Richard Lewontin (Harvard Geneticist)
Billions & Billions of Demons
The New York Review of Books,p.31
Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but,on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door.
6. Evolutionists have no answer for the amazing beauty and complexity of life, which we find even in the smallest one celled organism!
7. Evolutionists have no explanation for the origin of DNA
Why do they stick to this theory, even tenaciously?
1. They want it, because it allows for abortion and so called “mercy killing” – big money makers for them! If God created us in His image than these are wrong, if we are not created in His image than we have no more intrinsic value than animals and ultimately we could be killed even for meat!
2. They want it, because it allows for homosexuality. The Bible says that God created us “male and female” and yet now we have people challenging even this seemingly obvious fact. In fact, we have people living in our country today who are fighting for what they call, “TransJustice” they want employment and tax forms to have more options than just male and female, and they want public bathrooms to acknowledge their unusual imagined new genders too!
In fact, a straying from Genesis means a straying from God and ultimately in that kind of world, ANYTHING GOES! Richard Dawkins in his arguments against Christianity pointed to the Old Testament and yelled, “Warning, warning!” How hypocritical! Look at Thus Spoke Zarathustra written by the atheist Friedrich Nietzsche, it inspired Hitler’s life work! Abortion in our country today is a product of atheist thinking!
What we see above is tissue taken from a Tyrannosaurus Rex bone discovered by researchers at Montana State University. Instead of admitting that this dinosaur may have lived within a few thousand years ago, or much less. Evolutionists are scrambling to MAKE UP theories on how such tissue could stay fresh for 65 - 70 billion years. Don't believe any of them!
Sign Guestbook View Guestbook
This page hosted by Yahoo Geocities